Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Week 3: Remember in Whom We Have Trusted


My time here at the Provo MTC is officially half way over. I cannot even believe it! That is so crazy! Wow! This week especially has just flown by! sorry that this email is a bit short! It has been such a great week! 
Well we taught a lot of lessons this week which was great. I am learning a lot about following the spirit. Its amazing how much you learn from all the mistakes that you make during a lesson though. haha. 
Well something amazing that happened was definitely the fact that I got 4 boxes of Krispie Kreme donuts from my aunt! Thanks Tracy!!!! Love you! :D 

We had such a party that night. We all loved those donuts! Funny story
is that when we ate the first two boxes it was just the original glazed kind. Then we had assumed that the rest were glazed too and that we would wait until tomorrow to eat the rest of them. But! then as opened the next box just to get out one more donut and AH! There were then 2 boxes of variety kind! We literally had all just decided to not eat anymore donuts..... and that soon changed. It was the best!!!!! Wahoo! Best Friday night party at the MTC! haha There were many happy Hermanas that night! The picture describes it all! haha.

We had an amazing Tuesday Devo last night from Erich Kopishke last night and it was amazing! He talked a lot about the Atonement. I really liked when he said," the Atonement brings relief." It was incredible! It was in that moment that I realized how much more wonderful the message of the gospel is. It is such a blessed that we will get to go out and serve the Lord by sharing with people that they can TRULY be forgive of all their sins. We get to share the happy message of the gospel to help others to 'venir a Cristo' (come unto Christ) and to give them the relief they are looking for! wow! It was amazing! 

Afterward we had a great devo review with the combination of my district and with another district in our zone. Our Branch President was there leading it and it was amazing! conclusions from that meeting: 1. We CAN become like God one day. Do not underestimate that truth and possibility! 2. We must remember that Joseph Smith was the prophet who allowed us to have all that we have today in the gospel. Without him, the gospel wouldn't have been restored to what it is now. 3. I am so grateful to have The Book of Mormon to learn from daily. 4. He told the parable of the eagle and I was on the verge of tears. Shout out to all of my Brighton friends! (Love you!) I hope that we can all know that we can soar! In this world we are told constantly that we are 'chickens' when in reality we are eagles that can soar farther than any other bird! We can all SOAR! <3 4. Through the Atonement we can become NeW! Brand NEw! 

We had an amazing lesson about the Atonement in Relief Society on Sunday (see any reoccurring theme at the MTC this week?) It was based on the talk from last conference titled " Remember in Whom we have Trusted." It is amazing!!! I printed it out and wrote all over it! Its amazing! I encourage everyone to read it if you can! <3

My ponderizing scripture this week was 3 Nephi 31:3. 
For my soul delighteth in plainnessfor after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light unto the understandingfor he speaketh unto men according to their languageunto their understanding.

I've learned a lot from this amazing scripture! It reminds us to be in the world but not of the world."

Lastly, Spanish is pretty hard at the moment but its going well! This week has definitely been one that I learned to Trust in the Lord. I know that i have to trust Him as I am learning how to share the gospel and my testimony in Spanish. Its an amazing experience but boy is it hard! 

Thank you for all the wonderful prayers! I love feeling the support of all those I have talked to! May the next 3 weeks be full of more learning, understanding, and tender mercies!
I'm loving my mission and I LOVE being a missionary! 

With all my love,

Hermana Connolly 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...