Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 5: "We are the "light" that many are looking for."

Week 5! check! 

This week has been so amazing! Everything is really coming together here at the MTC. The most exciting news from this week was definitely when I got my travel plans on Thursday evening. I couldn't believe my eyes! It was really cool. I leave the MTC early on Monday morning (the 9th) and I will fly to Mexico City and then take another plane to Tuxtla Gutierrez. Yay! Adventures here I come! 
Friday was one of the best days that I've had at the MTC because I had so many amazing experiences with my companions! First off we took the time during our study time to memorize Moroni 10:4-5 in Spanish. It went really well! Right after we went to dinner and then we noticed that there was a cafeteria employee
that looked like she spoke Spanish. So we called her over and started talking to her and asked if we could share a scripture with her. She agreed and we gave her the recently-memorized version of our scripture and i think that we actually said it perfectly (thanks to the gift of tongues). It was great! We kept talking to her, in Spanish, and actually found out that she was not a member. She has moved from Columbia to learn English and was working at the MTC. She is currently taking discussions with the missionaries. She said that they were reading The Book of Mormon with her. We couldn't help but bear her our simple testimonies of the Book of Mormon. It was amazing how we were actually able to talk to someone in Spanish and oh goodness was the Spirit there. Like, Wow! 

Then! We had our last TRC appointment right after dinner. We got there and she as actually a little sick so she only had like 15 mins for us to teach. She had been really hesitant about The Book of Mormon during out previous lessons with her so for this last one we decided that it would be best for us to read the Intro. with her and the bear our simple testimonies. And that's exactly what we did! It was incredible! She was very engaged and I could tell she could feel how sincere we were. It was so great! I wish we could have met with her for longer but I think that even only having a little bit was such a blessing because we focused on the simple truths of The Book of Mormon. Wow! 
This was also the day that they started putting up Christmas lights up on campus! Wahoo! They are so pretty! Very Magical! 

Me and my companions taught the lesson in Relief Society on Sunday which was great! It was about Enduring to the End. Amazing! 

Monday morning was kinda crazy because we had to say goodbye to our two other roommates who were leaving for Argentina. It was sad but we knew that they were going to do great things! Love you Hermana Bower and Jarvis! 

We had a great devo on Sunday by Tim and Annelee Zeidner which was awesome! They talked about families and the gospel. MY favorite quote from them was, "the focus of God's plan is on families therefore, God's work is meant to be towards families." Love it! 

On tuesday night we had another amazing devo! We had Richard J. Maynes of the Seventy come and speak! it was amazing! :D He focused on ways that we can be a 'light' for others. There were a lot of things that he said that really made me nervous, especially with leaving on Monday, but as he kept talking about how we just need to put in our effort and then it will all pay off. He said, "We are the light that many are looking for in this world of darkness." Wow! What an amazing opportunity I have to be a missionary on the Lord's work.

I sang in the choir during that devotional and we sang, "Be Still My Soul." It was so beautiful! Our choir director taught us a cool lesson about how this song is a song about us telling ourselves to just 'be still' especially during times when all want to do it freak out or something. It was amazing! We can all learn to just Be Still and trust in the Lord and in ourselves that it's all going to work out. :D so wonderful!

We got to go to the temple this morning which was beautiful! Later on, we even figured out a way that we could be hosts for the new missionaries coming in today and I was really cool! :D I only had one but it turns out that she is living in the room next to mine! Crazy! haha 

We have In Field Orientation tomorrow which will be interesting! haha It should be pretty fun! :D These next  couple of days are going to be crazy but so wonderful at the same time! I know it! The Spirit is so strong here and I want to take that all with me to Mexico on Monday! I'm hoping Monday ends up being a pretty smooth day. 

Anyways, I know this email was a little bit 'jumbled up' but it always feels impossible to completely explain everything that happens! I was talking to someone today about my time here at the MTC and I described it as being, "I'm actually behind in my journal because everything seems to be happening faster than I can even notice it." So true! haha

I love being a missionary and i guess I might be able to email again before I leave on Monday so we will see. !Gracias por todos! I love you all!! 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Connolly <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...