Monday, February 15, 2016

Not sure if i know English anymore... but I also dont know Spanish. So...? OH! and Elder Oaks was here!


Hola Hola! Hope everyone is going well! This week went by really fast! This week was really hard because yet again we were unable to find new people to teach. We had a few street contacts that we were able to visit but they all were not home or were busy. This has been really hard for us because as soon as we feel like we found someone new it somehow falls through. But! We are working really hard! 
We have figured out that we really need to work with out barrio as well. We are really excited to be able to find ways to help the members in our ward. We are hoping to have a bunch of Noches De Hogar soon with a ton of different families. Wahoo! I love it! 
Its so weird because at this point in my mission I really don't know much Spanish and I often even forget my English when I help teach Hna Conde. Its hilarious but also such frustrating! I have felt the comfort of my Father in Heaven so much this week. Spanish will come eventually and I know that I just have to keep working on my part so that He can help me even more.
Viernes we had our Reunión de Zona which was incredible!!!!!! I love our Zone Meetings! They are always so uplifting and encouraging! We learned about how we can better work with the members in our wards! Which is perfect because afterwards we realized just how much these members need us! We learned about how much we need to trust in the guidance of our amazing mission president, Presidente George. He is so amazing and he is truly leads this mission the way the Lord wants him to. 
Sabado we had the most amazing experience!!!!!!!! We traveled to Tuxtla at 1230 am on sabado so that we would arrive in Tuxtla about 6 am. We had the wonderful opportunity to hear from Elder Dallin H. Oaks! Wow! It was so amazing! We had the whole mission there! He was so smiley and so happy to be with us! He taught us so many amazing things! I specifically loved how much confidence that he had in us. He taught us ways that we can better teach with the Spirit. Elder L. Whitney Clayton also came with him which was great! He and his wife both speak Spanish so it was really amazing to hear from them in Spanish! They are amazing! I loved hearing about their confidence of the gift of tongues. We all felt so lucky that we could hear from them. Afterwards we got to talk and meet with a bunch of the other missionaries which was great! I got to see my first mamá Hna Wong which was great! Awe....! So much love! We got back to lovely hot Tapachula about 7 pm to then be able to squeeze in a few street contacts and then sleep! We were so tired and are still trying to recover! ha ha 
This was a great week of a lot of needed comfort. I am truly so lucky to be here. I am so grateful for this opportunity! 
I know that I'm becoming an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I want to make Him proud. I know that He has a plan for all of us and that through the mercy of Jesucristo we can return to live with out Amoroso Padre Celestial. 
I love my family so much and I hope they know how much I miss them! I have been so blessed to have grown up in the gospel. Thanks to everyone who has helped me to become the person that I am.
Thanks for all of your prayers and love! 
Con amor. 
Hna Connolly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...