Saturday, July 16, 2016

Oh How Much Love HE Has For HIS Children

Hola everyone! 
Another wonderful week has passed here in the mission and it all happened so fast. We are so grateful for all of the miracles that we were able to see here in Arriaga. Wow! 
It has been really amazing to see and be a part of all of the changes we've have in the mission. Pdt George is really working us hard and knows what we can do to baptize and help our converts! One of the most recent changes that he made was that instead of having 7 lesson with members present every week and 13 otras as the ´¨norma de excellencia¨ we are expected to have 21 lesson with members present and 0 otras! This was such a huge surprise and was actually really intimidating... however! I know that this was a revelation that Pdt George received because it truly works! We are seeing our investigators progress and have more of a desire to make it to church on Sunday! I am so impressed! Hna Ruvalcada and I have worked so hard with this goal this week! We are super happy with the results! We are looking forward to 3 baptisms this next month! wow! 
This week we were stuck in our house until wednesday when we were finally able to work because of Hna Ruvalcaba´s foot. We are so grateful that she is better now. What happened was that we got bit by a spider and it made her foot super swollen! 
Even with this small road block, we were able to work super hard this week! 
I finally got to meet Hna Virna this week. She is the mom of one of the mujeres jovenes in la rama named Fryda. Her 2 brothers are also members. Hna Virna is so amazing and recently started listening to the missionaries. I am sooo thankful for her willingness to listen because the gospel is really what she needs in her life. She is planning on being baptized in 2 weeks. yay! On Thursday Fryda had been with us for a few hours and wanted to grab something from her house. While we were waiting in her front room, her mom walks in the front door! We hadn't been planning to see her until Saturday but she had a little bit of time and we were able to teach her about the importance of baptism. It was amazing. When we invited her to be baptized she said that it was something that she had been waiting to do her whole life. The Spirit was sooooo strong! Her kids are sooo happy for her too because they know much it is going to bless her and their family! 
I am so happy to be here! We were going to have interviews with Pdt George this week but he was unable to make it to Arriaga because of certain crazy blockades we were having here. That was sad but i think we will have them soon. 
Pdt George however was able to make it to our rama el domingo! It was sooo awesome! He spoke in sacrament which was awesome! One of the Hnas that was going to talk didn't show up... and sure enough i then was passed a note from the branch president if I could take some of the time and give a short talk. I was sooooo nervous! but! It all worked out and wow.... the gift of tongues is so real! I know that I probably say that a lot but its because its TRUE! I dont even really remember what I said or if it even made any sense but it was amazing! Yay!!
We are going to be having our first intercambios tomorrow!! yay! I am going to work with Hna Dangl in Tonalá and Im super excited! 
I know that we are going to be seeing a lot of miracles this week too! 
I really am so grateful to be here! I am going to be hitting my half way mark on Thursday and I truly cannot believe it! Let the adventures continue! 
I KNOW that our Father in Heaven loves His children. We can feel His love more fully as we live the Gospel. I am so happy to be a be a part of His work. I know that I am where Im supposed to be. The time is passing by so fast! I am so thankful for my family!
 I am so grateful for my dad who is such a great example to me! Happy Fathers Day Dad! I love you! 

Thanks for all the love and support! 
I love you all! 
con amor, 
Hna Connolly
Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...